Tuesday, June 2, 2009

learning online discussion day 2

"What will it take to help our colleagues (teachers and administrators) try technology infused teaching and learning, too?"

I've had the role of technology coordinator for about a year now at my school, which is the center of a larger, urban ABE program and I'm a teacher by training. It's been one of my primary roles to do just what the above question poses. During my experience the past year, I noticed that
several things are needed to help colleagues infuse technology into both their teaching and learning:

1. a desire to learn
2. a positive culture of learning in the school/site
3. an administration that values, and therefore plans and budgets for, hardware, tech training and development and expects tech and computer competency from staff and new hires
4. time (for change, for training, for practice, for things to grow)
5. persistance

No comments:

Post a Comment